Water is a valuable resource that we use daily without even putting thought into it. Freshwater only accounts for 3% of the water on Earth. So, the conservation of water is crucial. Here are 10 simple ways to conserve water at home:
1) Only run the washer and dishwasher when full. This can save 100 gallons of water a month.
2) Don’t run water while doing dishes. Have a sink with wash water and a sink with rinse water.
3) Water the lawn in the morning or evening to minimize evaporation.
4) Put a watering can in the shower to collect the cold water until it warms up. Use the water in the can to water plants.
5) When cleaning out fish tanks, give the nutrient-rich water to plants instead of pouring down the drain.
6) Turn off the water while washing your hair in the shower. This can save 150 gallons of water a month.
7) Wash pets outdoors in an area of the yard that needs water.
8) Choose low water use plants for landscaping. This can save 550 gallons of water a year.
9) Don’t leave the water running when brushing your teeth. This can save 25 gallons of water a month.
10) When giving pets freshwater, use the old water to water shrubs and trees instead of pouring down the drain.
For more information, visit our products page.